Timothy J. Tobin, Ed.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Tim is a learning and leadership development professional committed to helping individuals and organizations reach their greatest potential. Over his career, he has been responsible for the development of thousands of leaders. A few of his notable career highlights include:
- Coached many leaders – from first time leaders to senior executives
- Built award winning learning and leadership programs for multiple organizations
- Implemented learning and leadership programs that demonstrated impressive ROI
- Built cultures of learning, service, and innovation
- Delivered workshops and keynote presentations for both small and large groups for local, national and international associations
In addition to speaking, Tim is well-published. His book titled “Your Leadership Story: Use Your Story to Energize, Inspire, and Motivate” (Berrett Koehler) is a very practical guide to understanding and communicating who you are as a leader in order to have the impact you intend. He has also written for several professional outlets and blogged for the Harvard Business Review, Drucker Global Forum and SmartBrief on Leadership.
Tim was featured in the July 2015 Chief Learning Officer magazine, Some of his more recent recognition includes being honored with the 2014 Chief Learning Officer Global Learning Award, 2012 Chief Learning Officer Learning in Practice Innovation Award, and the 2005 Future Human Capital Leader award from Human Capital Magazine.
He received his Doctorate of Education in Human Resources Development from George Washington University and his Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Delaware.
On a personal note, Tim is a nine-time marathon finisher and four-time Ironman triathlon finisher. He lives in Washington, DC with his wife, Sara and their son and daughter.
- 2013. Service Leadership: Create a Culture of Excellence
- Sales and Service Excellence Essentials, 13, 11, pp 10-11.
- 2013. Middle Managers of the Leadership Classroom: Realizing the Developmental Capacity of Teaching Assistants.
- Rosh, L. & Tobin, T.J. (authors)
- Organization Management Journal, 10, 3, pp 183 – 194.
- 2011. Maintaining Physical, Social, and Mental Fitness for Peak Performance.
- Harvard Business Review Blog, November 11, 2011.
- 2010. Together We Are One – Or Are We?: The Role of Organizational Identity in the Early Stages of a Strategic Alliance.
- Tobin, T.J. & Casey, A.J. (authors)
- International Journal of Strategic Business Alliances, 1, 4, pp. 364 – 391